Head of Internal Audit & Risk
Our client, a listed global organisation, is seeking an experienced Head of Audit & Risk following a period of international growth and change.
Reporting to the CFO and Audit Committee, the Head of Audit & Risk will take responsibility for all global risk management and audit activities, including the management and leadership of a small but highly-skilled team.
Working closely with the Board and senior management team, you will identify key business risks, ensure they are mitigated and facilitate the Group risk management process, as well as formulating an internal audit plan that provides a level of assurance around key controls and processes.
In addition to audit & risk activities, the role will monitor and report on compliance with Group policies, controls and external legal and regulatory requirements as well as lead the fraud detection and prevention activities.
This is a high-profile position requiring an individual with demonstrable experience of leading an international internal audit and risk function within a Plc organisation, including operating a board level, with exposure to Audit Committees. Strong commercial acumen is vital together with the ability to not just reduce risk but to highlight areas of potential commercial opportunity.
Applicants should have a strong academic background and hold an accounting or auditing qualification. Due to the global nature of the role, travel of up to 25% can be expected once restrictions are lifted.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Accounting/auditing qualification - ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIA or equivalent
- Proven experience in a risk assurance and audit role within a global Plc environment (not financial services)
- Experience of operation at Board level, with exposure to audit committees
- Strong business acumen with the ability to recognise opportunities for commercial gain
- Effective communicator and proven influencing skills
- Team leadership and development experience
- Willingness and desire to travel globally