Senior Finance Systems and Process Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Financial Accreditation Team (FA Team). You will work in a fast-paced project environment, building relationships, and providing specialist financial advice and support to assist in driving forward effective transformation of HMRC’s finance systems and processes. You will specify finance requirements for change initiatives and ensure they are delivered.
This will allow HMRC to account for, receive and pay out money in accordance with strategy and Accounting Standards. This role gives an outstanding opportunity to develop key leadership, assurance and collaboration skills.
About Corporate Finance
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does!
Our vacancy sits in the Financial Accreditation (FA) Team, which forms part of Finance Operations. Our team plays a key role in HMRC Transformation by ensuring excellent financial management and control throughout the HMRC Change process by accrediting changes to financial systems and processes.
Providing an excellent prospect to work collaboratively across HMRC with Change teams; you will provide advice and direction to ensure all changes impacting Finance Systems and Processes meet Departmental and Finance strategies, such as Making Tax Digital.
Our exciting and interesting role would suit anyone who wants to work in a Project change environment with a desire to develop their knowledge of HMRC tax systems and processes.
As a department committed to continuous professional development this role will also provide you with opportunities to learn, expand or further develop your Accounting, auditing and Project Management knowledge to support you reach your potential.
You will join a welcoming and accomplished team of accreditors, who have a wide knowledge of tax and finance accounting systems and processes.
Successful candidates will undertake a bespoke training programme enabling you to:
- Represent corporate finance in a project change environment, introducing and driving forward our requirements
- Influencing the financial accreditation process as the team adapts to the pace of HMRC Change and the way we deliver Financial Accreditation.
- Develop the skills needed to build co-operative partnerships with project and programs teams to ensure Finance requirements are understood and developed.
Critically you'll then be assuring the subsequent changes made to ensure that they align with internal and external standards.
We do this throughout the project lifecycle process; providing accreditation and assurance for changes to HMRCs financial systems and processes.
Note: This is not an accounts production or budget holder role.
Working closely with HMRC Change leads and Finance/IT specialists you will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of and leading the accreditation of several complex and high-risk project change initiatives, developing an extensive range of contacts and being involved in a wide variety of subjects, which reach across the whole of HMRC.
- Leading, developing and introduction of finance requirements, delivered by the project, in order to meet Finance standards.
- Ensuring that changes to HMRC accounting systems and processes are robustly tested and test evidence is analysed.
- Maintain engagement with the project team throughout the project change cycle to ensure risks and issues are managed, prioritising your own work so that you meet critical deadlines.
- Ensuring that changes made to Finance systems and processes align with HMRCs Finance strategic vision and objectives.
- Work managing and coaching staff who may be working in partnership with your delivery of accreditation.
- This role may include HR management responsibilities.
You will do this by:
- Working closely with wider Corporate Finance Subject Matter Experts (SME) to ensure their requirements are delivered, drawing on their expertise and keeping them informed of progress.
- Building an extensive knowledge and expertise of financial accounting and system requirements enabling you to support the wider business whilst providing input to a number of changes.
- Working with project teams and influencing change managers to embrace strategic solutions that will meet the future demands of the department.
- Attending and participating in change workshops/meetings, to understand impact of change and provide support and advice on the needs of finance and our strategic aims (travel will be required).
- Inputting financial requirements and influencing design.
- Responsibility for drafting process maps, Business Readiness, producing auditable information, testing preparation and collecting evidence for Go Live.
- Responsible for providing written project updates and summaries of documents to support seniors on Project Boards or when senior decisions are needed.
- Retaining accountability for your own work and the work you may delegate to staff who may be supporting you.
Important: The role requires frequent travel including overnight stays, sometimes at short notice.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with evidence of influencing and engaging with senior partners in a large dispersed organisation.
- Able to demonstrate either finance skills.
- Ability to demonstrate either project management, audit or assurance skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities from multiple sources.
- Ability to analyse information, summarise and use judgement on recommendations.
Although the following is desirable there will be on the job learning and development, and therefore not essential:
- Working knowledge of one or more areas of taxation
- Experience of working in a fast-paced project environment
- Good knowledge of accounting and project management principles, including desirable qualifications as follows:
- Fully/part qualified accountant (CIMA or equivalent).
- Fully/part qualified Association of Accounting Technician (AAT).
- Audit qualification(s).
- Project Management qualification(s)
More searches like this
- Advisory Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Assurance Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Change Management Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Analytics Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Data Analytics Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Greater)