Senior Associate - Financial Assurance - WGN or CHCH
Are you an experienced External Auditor looking for your next career move? We have an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Financial Assurance team in Wellington or Christchurch. A career with us puts you in a supportive community of professionals and in cities unlike any other.
PwC’s purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems.
Our ways of working together mean we strengthen our well being by using the best tech, collaborating effectively, and working flexibly in order to be well and work well.
What would you be doing?
With professional opportunities and the chance for a fine work/life balance, there are countless reasons to consider a career in PwC's Wellington or Christchurch office. Our clients are doing incredible things, and your PwC career will equip you with the means to cultivate their growth.
In this role you will:
- In charge client engagements across a variety of the industries including Financial Services and non-Financial Services clients.
- Be an integral part to building the public's trust and confidence in our clients by delivering high quality audits of financial statements.
- Work directly with clients and teams, understanding clients’ business, checking compliance with policies and procedures, testing internal controls and substantiating financial information.
You will be encouraged to really get to know the people you are working with, building meaningful, and valued relationships. We’ll help you develop and broaden your skills, with the opportunity to take on more responsibility and advance your career.
In your downtime, you won’t be short of things to do in Wellington either. Our capital encompasses a waterfront promenade, sandy beaches, a working harbour and colourful timber houses on surrounding hills. From Lambton Quay, the iconic red Wellington Cable Car heads to the Wellington Botanic Gardens.
Down in Canterbury, our ski resorts are some of the best in the world, while mountain biking, rafting, windsurfing, and bungee jumping are in no short supply. When it comes to relaxing, why not try whale watching or taking a round on one of our superbly scenic golf courses?
What do you need to bring to the role?
This is an excellent opportunity to build on your existing audit experience; ideally this includes recent experience in a globally known professional services firm.
We are looking for an experienced external audit Senior who can bring the following competencies and experience to the role.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn
- Proactivity and strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in producing high quality reports
- The ability to critically analyse and explain complex information with clients and colleagues in a way which is easy to understand
- Strong business acumen and personal ambition, drive and initiative to develop a successful career with the world’s leading professional services firm
- It is expected that you will have 3+ years’ work experience as an External Auditor and either have, or be well on the way to a professional accounting qualification
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite and Google products is preferred
Why is PwC a great place to work?
At PwC, you’ll have an unrivalled level of access to industry expertise and ongoing professional development both locally and through our global network of member firms. You will learn to work together with your teams in a way that is cutting edge. We aim to inspire, motivate and reward our people to succeed in all areas of their lives. We pride ourselves on creating a fun, respectful and inclusive culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths.
Visit the careers page on the PwC website to discover information about perks of the job and diversity and inclusion at PwC.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Send us your application via the ‘Apply now’ link.
Please note due to border restrictions applicants outside of New Zealand who require visa sponsorship cannot be considered for this role
Ngā mihi mahana
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Audit Consultant Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- External Auditor Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- External Audit Senior Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand