Cyber & Information Security Consultant
About The Role
We're looking for an Information Security & Cyber Consultant to join us during a busy time of growth and change at Coventry Building Society. Using a pragmatic approach, the successful candidate will lead and advise on the application of security controls and policies for our key projects, ensuring that any risks are addressed and new operational controls and processes are implemented. The role requires a flexible approach to support a variety of interesting projects and business needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability and accountability of systems
- Ensuring the compliance of information systems with legislation, regulations and relevant standards
- Working closely with a range of stakeholders to enable the balance between the business and security requirements.
Our Information Security & Cyber Consultants will come from a proven regulated background with a solid understanding in security technologies, governance and assurance. Experience and working knowledge in a similar role would be ideal - so you can help to share your knowledge and expertise.
You'll be or have:
- A subject matter expert in Information Security.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Extensive experience working in a risk based Information Security role and be familiar with project delivery, architectural and solution design associated with IT organisations.
- Experience of delivering risk assessments and assurance reports across multiple technologies and business processes.
- Knowledge of security process and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance to be delivered using a pragmatic approach.
- Knowledge of business processes and application of security controls,
- Experience of managing and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent industry experience.
- Recognised Information Security certification e.g. CISSP/CISM
About The Company
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, or if you are considering a job share arrangement, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members’ needs.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.