Head of Internal Audit
Our client is one of the most iconic and philanthropic employers in Hong Kong with a rich history and heritage. The group manages infrastructure, property, and leisure assets on the Islands and in Mainland China but also has a highly sophisticated ecommerce platform.
The business is entering a period of significant change that has created a number of new risks for the group. These strategic change programmes will affect divisional structures, processes, and the technology platforms to facilitate and support the continued growth. There is also an additional high value infrastructure investment that could ultimately add 20-30% to the group turnover by 2022/2023.
Reporting to the Group Director of Internal Audit this position will manage an experienced and hire calibre team of eight and lead the relationship with the senior management team of divisional functions.
More detailed responsibilities include;
- Review existing internal audit approach, methodology and set the strategic direction for the divisional internal audit together with a timetable for implementation.
- Ensure audit techniques and methodologies are aligned with international internal audit standards and best practice.
- Develop and agree with the Group Head of Audit the divisional annual audit plan to address key risks.
- Management and delivery of internal audit annual plan including risk assessments, audit timetable, resource plan.
- Reporting of internal audit activities to the divisional management and Group Head of Audit including the key issues arising from the latest audits, any actions taken following the audit and the implementation of recommendations.
- Provide the Group Head of Audit and divisional management with assurance that the Groups internal control systems are appropriately designed and operating effectively.
- Responsibility for the management, development and mentoring of the internal audit team.
- Organising 3rd party resource where specialist knowledge is required.
- Work with external auditors to ensure that there is a joined up approach to risk management and monitoring of the control environment.
- Ad-hoc investigations or projects from time to time.
This role will require an experienced Head of Audit with previous experience of leading an internal audit function in a FTSE 250 business or as a No.2 in a FTSE 100 as this person will be mentored as the future replacement for the Group Director of Internal Audit. The individual must demonstrate significant exposure to the Main Board and Audit Committee and the ability to translate complex technical analysis into business relevant insights. They must also demonstrate the ability to directly influence the decision making of the senior management team. Previous experience gained in the retail, property, construction or hospitality sector would be beneficial. We are not currently considering candidates from the financial services sector because the client feels the culture, personalities and style of audit in FS will not translate to their environment.
IAC is committed to creating a diverse corporate governance profession and is proud to both be an equal opportunity employer and we are also proud to support our clients to be the same. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. IAC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. IAC; at the Heart of Good Governance.
IAC Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services.
We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please email us via our profile page by clicking on the IAC logo.