Senior Manager, DPP Accounting & Reporting
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms. Our 16,000 people, based in any one of our 24 UK offices, use their expertise and talents to build businesses and support growth.
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world's biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you'll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive.
The Department of Professional Practice (DPP) Accounting & Reporting team will ensure there is training for all staff in the business, provide guidance on solutions for accounting and reporting issues to our Audit teams and we’ll make sure you stretch your skills across diverse engagements and broad opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
- Undertake reviews of the accounts of our listed clients prior to issuance.
- Develop training and internal guidance for UK staff on financial reporting matters.
- Maintain knowledge management in the team, including management a team responsible for key accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 15).
- Advise on a wide variety of accounting and reporting queries from KPMG audit teams across all markets and across the UK on the application of financial reporting requirements – both IFRS and UK GAAP – as well as regularly on UK company law.
What we’re looking for
- ACA qualification or international equivalent.
- Strong ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult internally and arrive at solutions.
- Strong resilience and ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Substantial performance management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.