Audit Manager - Asset Management
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms. Our 16,000 people, based in any one of our 24 UK offices, use their expertise and talents to build businesses and support growth.
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world's biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you'll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UK. We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry.
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients.
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work.
What we’re looking for
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent).
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders.
- Significant financial statement audit experience.
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment.
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.