We are looking for three new AML Associates to join our AML team and lead on-site reviews.
At the SRA, keeping money launderers out of legal services has long been a priority. Anti-money laundering (AML) in the legal sector is seeing rapid change and our AML Proactive Supervision Team helps respond to these emerging trends by ongoing engagement with law firms to improve compliance and share knowledge. Proactive Supervision with firms involves engagement and desk based and onsite reviews (although currently taking place remotely due to Covid-19).
As an AML Associate, you will lead on-site reviews into regulated firms and individuals across England and Wales. With your deep knowledge and understanding of AML legislation and practices you will conduct reviews independently to assess firm's compliance with AML legislation. Reviewing related documents and interviewing fee earners and senior members of firms, you will be able to draw out key information to make assessments and identify risks that require action. You will engage with firms to provide high quality guidance and feedback, including compliance plans.
Pro-actively collaborating with AML and wider SRA colleagues, you will support the effective delivery of SRA objectives and a joined-up approach to AML. You will be knowledgeable about financial crime regulation and the regulation of solicitors to explain our work to law firms and to contribute to the debate on how AML regulation should work.
The role requires travel across England and Wales to conduct on-site reviews, on average 1-2 days a week.
What is in it for you?
- Make an impact by applying your specialist anti-money laundering knowledge across the rapidly changing legal services market
- Build relationships and engage with a range of stakeholders, firms, and individuals
- Showcase your ability to analyse complex and technical information to identify anti-money laundering risks
- Work in a friendly collaborative team
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in a regulatory, legal or AML environment.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of AML/CTF legislation and procedures.
- Experience of conducting on-site visits, inspections or investigations with law firms or equivalent businesses.
- Experience of complex cases and drafting reports in a contentious or regulatory environment.
- Effective communication skills at all levels and the ability to explain complex matters succinctly and with clarity.
- Proven ability to plan and manage own workload in a highly efficient and effective manner, and to meet competing deadlines while meeting quality criteria.
Useful and additional information
For a full role profile, please click the 'Apply' button.
If you have any questions that aren't answered in the advert, additional documents or on our website, contact details are available via the 'Apply' button.
The successful candidate(s) will be working from home until at least the early summer. Longer term, the role will involve travel to conduct onsite reviews, likely to be 1-2 days a week on average. Rest of the week, the role be based in our office at the Cube in Birmingham and from home.
Please use the apply button at the bottom of the advert. Please upload a CV and Cover Letter. They should address how your knowledge, skills and experience relate to the role requirements. Please keep your Cover Letter to two pages of A4, Font 11.
Closing date of this advert is 17 May at 08:00. Assessments and interviews are scheduled to take place within 1-2 weeks of the advert closing.
Our staff are currently working from home and all assessments and interviews are being conducted remotely. If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to let you know what to expect.
More searches like this
- Forensic / Fraud Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Investigations Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom