Corporate Review/Financial Reporting Senior Manager – Highly Regarded Technical Team
As experts on a wide number of issues, our client’s technical practice provides support to their client-facing specialists in audit/assurance and other business streams. From being on-hand to help with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, the technical team are the people tasked with finding solutions to some of their teams’ most complex technical issues.
As part of this supportive and knowledgeable team, you’ll have a chance to use and develop your technical skills and experience, find solutions to technical queries and contribute daily to the firm’s commitment to deliver high quality output.
An FRA Senior Manager will be required to conduct technical reviews of the annual reports of the firms listed and higher profile audited entities and also to answer queries and deliver financial reporting training on IFRSs, UK GAAP and company law and regulation related to financial reporting. The role also involves supporting and coaching more junior members of the FRA team.
Most of the FRA team are based in London but a small number work out of their regional office in Manchester and visit London from time to time. All members of FRA are occasionally required to visit other offices to provide training and local liaison.
- Review the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries
- Help develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm’s partners and staff
- Prepare and present financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally
- Write articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications
- A good working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102) and the Companies Act with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions
- Practical experience of the review of all aspects (ie front and back end) of the annual report of private and publicly traded companies, including those listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals
- Willingness to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
- Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving our service to internal customers
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Manchester
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Manchester
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Manchester
- Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Manchester
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Manchester