Internal Auditor or Audit Manager - Financial Services
1 day left
- 0-25% Travel
Joining this business, you'll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting their commitment to international placements.
Leading bank with global leadership in many of their businesses. This business can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The Internal Audit Department provides staff with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built. Having performed successfully in this role, the individual will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within the Group - both within Internal Audit, and wider business lines/functions; in the UK and abroad. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development.
In time, it is anticipated that the candidate will also have the responsibility for managing relationships with members of local Management on behalf of the Audit Department. This will involve thorough assessment of strategy and business development, as well as the overall risks faced & associated control environment, and the information so gathered will contribute to the ongoing risk / control assessment undertaken by the audit department, thereby contributing to the audit plan.
Main tasks are to be performed in line with professional standards of the IIA and Group internal guidelines, and comprise the following:
- Having a thorough mastery of audit techniques, participate in and lead audit reviews primarily within the Retail environment operating within the UK, from planning to reporting and follow up phases.
- Deliver conclusions and recommendations supported by comprehensive and value-added written reports.
- Manage the relationship with key members of Management within assigned functions on behalf of the Audit Department.
- Participate in periodic Risk Assessment exercises
Contribute to quality and effectiveness within the business by providing pro-active advice supported by practical and balanced solutions to issues.
Our client is interested in hearing from candidates in practice who are newly qualified in external audit or internal audit who are dealing with an FS client base or corporate client base. At Manager level candidates must have FS Audit experience.
Highly motivated and proactive, with the following attributes:
- Degree level qualification
- An auditing or accountancy qualification (ideally chartered accountancy)
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the following attributes:
- Commitment and drive
- Strong ability to analyse & synthesize complex information
- Thoroughness of approach, with the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently & within a close-knit team as the situation requires
- A willingness to undertake travel where necessary (mainly UK-based)
- You must have a UK visa or work entitlement to apply for this job.
Newly qualified - £50-55k
Manager - £60-70k
Bonus - 15-20%
Flexible benefits package.