Head of Internal Audit
Our client generates over £5bn in annual revenues and has continued to invest in improving both the infrastructure of the business and the relationship with clients whilst maintaining a tight control on costs during the pandemic. The group has invested heavily in the risk management and internal audit function as it prioritises best practice improvements within the senior management team.
This is a new position that will report to the Director of Risk & Audit and take responsibility for a large team of experienced specialist staff. Key responsibilities of the role;
- Support Director Risk and Assurance to implement the Internal Audit vision and strategy.
- Raise the awareness and quality of the control framework across the business. Provide advisory support and training to business to improve the maturity of the control environment.
- Develop the annual audit plan, liaise with Internal Audit Managers to develop the plan and the audit universes and maintain an effective review of the audit plan.
- Maintain the quality of audits and IA staff. Own the audit methodology and support the team on technical audit queries whilst identifying training needs and managing course development.
- Execute a quality assurance process to mitigate practice risk; drawing out and delivering key messages and themes to Internal Audit staff.
- Manage resourcing and the finances of the IA department
- Develop knowledge management within IA, and to lead it in respect of audit skills related knowledge.
- Develop key KPIs and reports including writing Audit & Risk Committee papers.
Candidates for this role must have extensive previous staff management experience gained in the in-house internal audit function of a large corporate that has a tangible product or as a Senior Manager in the Internal Audit Services team of a Big 4. Oil & Gas, engineering property or construction sector experience will be strongly preferred. A strong academic background and an accounting or MBA qualification are a prerequisite. This individual will be liaising directly with the Executive Board members and the operational management team so excellent interpersonal skills, gravitas, relationship management skills, etc are essential.
IAC is committed to creating a diverse corporate governance profession and is proud to both be an equal opportunity employer and we are also proud to support our clients to be the same. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. IAC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. IAC; at the Heart of Good Governance.
IAC Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services.
We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please email us via our profile page by clicking on the IAC logo.