Head of Programme Assurance
Our client is one of the most iconic and philanthropic employers in Hong Kong with a rich history and heritage. The group manages infrastructure, property, and leisure assets on the Islands and in Mainland China but also has a highly sophisticated ecommerce platform. It has a turnover equivalent to around £21bn.
The business is entering a period of significant change that has created a number of new risks for the group. These strategic change programmes will affect divisional structures, processes, and the technology platforms to facilitate and support the continued growth. Specifically, a high value infrastructure investment is expected to add 20-30% to the group turnover by 2025.
Reporting to the Group Head of Internal Audit this position will manage an experienced and hire calibre team of eight and lead the relationship with the senior management team of divisional functions.
- Create an assurance framework for a major investment Programme which provides assurance to the Group Head of Internal Audit, Programme Sponsor and Steering Board on the progress and status of Programme delivery through the execution of BAU processes, periodic assurance exercises and audits structured around the Programme lifecycle.
- Report and establish ways of working that proactively assess and manage programme risk plus embed risk management in Programme activities in order to maximise the likelihood of programme success. Support the Program Team in establishing the good practice implementation of programme governance, processes, and controls.
- Assure that third party assurance and risk management processes are aligned with the standards and processes required by the Programme.
More detailed responsibilities include:
- Establish and execute a risk based assurance plan, and provide assurance over areas of key Programme risk eg:
- The program team meet appropriate criteria for capability, experience and capacity
- Assure that the program vision does not become diluted over time and as the program grows and evolves over time
Integrated planning and progress reporting.
- Assure the traceability between defined requirements and the associated program benefits
- From assurance activities, provide appropriate and achievable recommendations and findings to the Program Director and Sponsors which augment the level of risk management and control implementation within the Programme.
- Establish and report a dashboard which monitors key risk indicators for the Programme and allows mitigating actions to be taken prior to them becoming issues.
- Establishing a framework for risk management and tracking or escalating the mitigation of risks through risk actions.
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders in functions such as PMO and third party organisations.
- Root cause analysis and action plans which prevent a repetition of key program issues
- Participate as a member of the External Delivery Assurance Governance Board.
This role will require an experienced programme assurance specialist with previous experience gained in a leading FTSE 100/250 or engineering consultancy. The individual must demonstrate significant exposure to the Main Board and the ability to translate complex technical analysis into business relevant insights. They must also demonstrate the ability to directly influence the decision making of the senior management team. Previous experience gained in the oil & gas, property, construction, civil engineering or utilities sector will be preferred. We are not currently considering candidates from the financial services sector because the client feels the culture, personalities and style of audit in a service industry will not translate to their environment.
IAC is committed to creating a diverse corporate governance profession and is proud to both be an equal opportunity employer and we are also proud to support our clients to be the same. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. IAC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. IAC; at the Heart of Good Governance.
IAC Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services.
We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please email us via our profile page by clicking on the IAC logo.