Prudential Compliance Officer
About The Role
We’ve a great opportunity for a Prudential Compliance Officer here at Coventry Building Society during this busy time of growth and change. You’ll be working in a small team where deadlines come thick and fast and there’s always a need to keep a cool head. You’ll also be delivering quality written work on some extremely technical areas to an audience that includes Executive and Board members. So, if you’re looking for something that will challenge and allow your career to press ahead - then this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Some key accountability will include:
- Summarising regulatory change
- Horizon scanning across a range of web sites and specialists feeds to draw out relevant changes that will impact the Society
- Tracking progress against actions to meet new regulation and regulatory requests
- Liaising with Enterprise Leaders and Senior Managers to track regulatory deadlines
Working in an ever changing environment, you’ll be curious about changes to the political/ social/ economic environment and the direction this could take the Society and our regulators. As a Prudential Compliance Officer, you will be highly organised, able to track a range of ongoing deadlines and information - as well as remaining professional at all times, having access to highly sensitive information. You will also be or have:
- Knowledge of, or the willingness to learn about prudential, securities and markets regulation and best practice
- The ability to summarise difficult / complex concepts in an easily understandable and simple way
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Self starter - resilient and able to adapt
The closing date for applications is 11th June 2021
About The Company
At the Coventry we are currently undertaking an exciting journey of growth. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in surroundings where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Coventry Building Society (CBS) is the UK’s second largest building society and has grown steadily over the previous 10 years. It has a reputation for Putting Members First, with consistently strong customer feedback and industry low numbers of complaints. It is financially strong, with high levels of capital and liquidity.
If you believe you have the right skills, drive & experience and want to make a positive contribution to our continuing success then look no further!