Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will play a vital role in the delivery of assurance services to support HMLR's ambition. You will report to one of the Senior Internal Audit Managers and support the Head of Internal Audit in delivering the organisation’s internal audit services. Providing an assurance to the Chief Executive and Audit and Risk Committee on the effectiveness of the organisation’s governance and risk management arrangements.
You will conduct a wide range of assignments across the organisation, using knowledge and experience to deliver quality audits and build positive relationships.
If you are a qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant with experience and skills in helping the business to understand and manage their risks, along with ensuring exemplary standards of governance, control and assurance issues, we would love to hear from you.
Senior Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
- Reporting to a Senior Internal Audit Manager, you will undertake all aspects of the audit assignment, identifying key risks and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls.
- You will draft clear, factual audit reports for approval and distribution; making relevant, pragmatic recommendations that add value to the organisation.
- Undertake additional activities which may include supporting managers throughout the organisation by responding to ad hoc advisory work and through membership of Boards, Panels &/or Committees.
- Contribute to the development of the internal audit service, plan and procedures.
- Keep abreast of both technical and professional developments, including maintaining Continuing Professional education (CPE) requirements.
Senior Internal Auditor Requirements:
You must hold one of the below Technical Memberships/Qualifications:
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland
- Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global
- Accountancy - Fully Qualified, current member of one of the five CCAB bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland) or CIMA.
You will be able to demonstrate recent internal audit experience, with a strong audit and assurance knowledge and expertise. You will be an effective communicator, with strong verbal and written skills (in particular report writing) and will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate key messages succinctly to senior stakeholders. You will have a strong analytical approach to information and data, with effective problem-solving skills. You will be used to collaborating with stakeholders at all levels within an organisation and be able to influence others, in a professional working environment.
About HM Land Registry:
Since 1862, HM Land Registry has protected and guaranteed people’s land and property rights by keeping and maintaining the Land Register for England and Wales. HM Land Registry plays an important role in the property market, underpinning property ownership worth over £7 trillion across England and Wales. Our ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
A great place to work
HM Land Registry is a vibrant place to work with sport and social events and a variety of clubs. We offer flexible working to help you achieve a work-life balance that works for you and us.
Where difference is celebrated
We’re committed to fairness and equality for all, so you feel valued for who you are and what you do. Diversity fuels our innovation. Our shared values help us work together, to benefit the communities we serve.
Our employee diversity networks support our culture of inclusion and contribute to our diversity action plan.
Location: Birkenhead, North West, CH41 6DU : Croydon, London, CR0 2AQ : Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 3BH : Durham, North East, DH1 5TR : Weymouth, South West, DT4 9TT : Gloucester, South West, GL1 1DQ : Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire and the Humber, HU2 8JN : Leicester, East Midlands, LE3 5DR : Nottingham, East Midlands, NG1 7AU : Peterborough, Eastern, PE1 1QF : Plymouth, South West, PL6 5WS : Preston, North West, PR4 1TE : Swansea, Wales, SA7 9FQ : Telford, West Midlands, TF3 4LR
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £38,552 per annum (Croydon £42,099) This role also attracts a non-pensionable allowance in addition to the base salary (£4,709 for CMIIA qualification).
Benefits: a competitive salary, a Civil Service pension, 28.5 days’ annual leave and 8 days’ public holidays (pro rata), employee recognition scheme, long service awards, a range of family-friendly policies, such as part-time working, job sharing, parental leave and career breaks. These depend on business needs, but our aim is to help you achieve a positive work-life balance.
You can build up flexi-credit which enables you to take off up to up to 24 days a year in addition to your annual leave.
You may have experience of the following: Audit Manager, Internal Audit Manager, Internal Auditor, Management Accountant, Senior Internal Auditor, ACCA, CIMA, IIA, Accountant, Accountancy, Public Sector, Civil Service, Central Government, etc.