Internal Auditor (Financial Services / Automotive)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a truly global automotive and manufacturing firm to help manage and run audits on the Financial Services arm of the firm on a global basis. You will be part of a diverse team with a broad mix of cultures.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- You will work with internal teams and external co-sourced partners on global financial services audits (regulatory as well as risk-based audits)
- Participate in the Annual Risk Assessment and the preparation of the Annual Audit Plan
- Act as an Lead or Supporting auditor in audit engagements which includes responsibilities for planning, performing and reporting audits effectively and in accordance with the audit manual
- Monitor and follow-up of actions from performed audits
- Actively participate in continues improvements of the internal audit function
- Stay up-to-date with legal, Internal Audit and financial industry developments.
- Stay informed about major changes affecting the Internal Control System in the organisation and operations within Financial Services arm of our client.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of auditing within the financial services sector.
- Ability to undertake frequent international travelling (up to 30% of working days past covid)
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements (i.e. essentials like Basel, GL11 and AML) and Internal Control related questions as well as financial products.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues within Group Internal Audit and external co-sourced provider.
- High level of personal integrity, independence, tenacity and resilience in executing audits and resolving audit issues, while remaining objective.
- A flexible communication style, able to adjust your approach and influence others, including local senior management teams.
- Ability to analyze issues from a range of perspectives and form considered judgements around the actions to be taken.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the details.
- Ability to use data analytics as an audit technique.
- Strong project management skills to both manage individual initiatives, and co-ordinate and monitor broader assignments.
- Strong business English, including both written and verbal communication. Fluency in a second language such as Swedish, Spanish, Hungarian and French would be desirable. If you have any additional language skills this is a great advantage.
- Positive attitude and strong collaboration skills.
The Leonid Group Corporate Governance is a talent acquisition consultancy that specialises in the placement of Audit, Compliance, Trade Compliance & Ethics professionals on an international scale across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Legal and compliance are both global, with teams worldwide, and our network reflects this. We work with multinational corporations to help structure their departments with the best people, from the Global Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Audit Executive to the Compliance Analyst and Trade Compliance Specialist.