Audit Assistant Manager (Newcastle)
You will work on a portfolio of clients within a cross functional office, alongside our advisory and tax functions.
When you join our Audit team, we’ll make sure you can stretch your skills across diverse engagements and broad opportunities. This will include ongoing training and development through a mix of internal and external learning initiatives.
We’re looking for people who share our commitment to achieving excellence and working to the highest audit standards. Natural collaborators who value different perspectives and relish the opportunity to develop, progress and help us create an environment where talent thrives and quality outcomes are intrinsic to everything we do.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with our products and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification (including SAICA, CPA or equivalent)
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Recent relevant external audit experience from a top 10 accountancy firm
- Mixed sector Audit experience including some large corporates
- We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP/US GAAP, IFRS, and IAS
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback
- Coaches less experienced staff. Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom