Senior Internal Auditor - FTSE/Thames Valley
This diverse “blue chip” plc is consistently ranked very highly by it's employees in independent reviews such as the Sunday Times Top 50 UK Best Companies to Work For. This is due to their culture, how well they look after their people and policy of continued development and promotion from within. There is fantastic career potential, they have a great culture of openness and honesty and strongly believe in work life balance. As a high profile, innovative and diverse consumer business they operate in an interesting dynamic which creates reputational and political risks as well as regulatory, very wide ranging operational risks as well as financial risk.
The business is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join it's highly regarded internal audit team. The audit function is not only proud to be perceived as a great talent pool from which the rest of the business looks to hire; but also recruits internally from the rest of the business because audit is very much viewed as a career enhancing move. As part of the audit team you will gain a massive variety of exposure right across the business and would be unlikely to visit the same area within a three year period. Career progression can be within the 25 strong audit function but typically most auditors will progress internally into a finance, risk or operational role with 2-3 years.
The breadth of work that you will undertake is unparalleled, being risk-based financial operational reviews, but also includes special work and project audits. Recent audits have included consumer digital technologies, joint ventures, high value asset management, acquisitions, billing and even “culture” and “management behaviour” . From a work-life balance perspective, the travel requirement (outside of COVID) is low at around 20%, the team rarely work beyond 6pm and even pre COVID there has always been support for home-working (most of the team work from home on a Friday).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Plan, lead and deliver audits covering a range of business processes across the businesses both as a “Lead Auditor” and as a team member (as “Lead” responsibility is rotated)
- Engage and challenge Head of Departments, General Managers, and Finance Controllers to help shape the business control environment
- Work with the business, to provide assurance on and governance of, key projects and critical change activities
- Through training and hands-on experience, develop a thorough understanding of the business in its entirety in order to add real value to management teams
- Build a network within the business to facilitate their next career steps either within Internal Audit or in the wider business.
To succeed in this challenging and varied environment, you must have ambition and a genuine interest in business improvement. In addition, as the ideal candidate, you will:
Be ACA/ACCA qualified with a strong academic track record
- EITHER have at least 3-6 years of external audit experience within a larger practice environment and looking for your first move into industry.
- OR have 3-6 years experience within the internal audit function of a larger multinational company
- Preferably have exposure to large complex audits in multinational business environments especially in retail sectors
- Be a strong team player with excellent communication skills
On offer is a basic salary of c£60,000 (including £5,000 car allowance), bonus (typically around 12%-24%), PMI and flexi bens. Please note that you must be entitled to work in the UK without the requirement for sponsorship of a visa to be considered for this opportunity.
Apply for Senior Internal Auditor - FTSE/Thames Valley
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Internal Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Internal Audit Senior Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Internal Audit Manager Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Berkshire