Audit Quality (50%) and Technical Advisory (50%) Senior Manager – Market Leading Practice-
Our client, a major UK audit and advisory firm, is seeking to recruit a senior manager who is passionate about audit quality, to work jointly in the audit quality advisory team and within the technical group supporting the audit practice.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in audit, in managing audit and audit-related projects, with exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application including experience in audit reporting matters.
The role will be primarily based in the in London although some visits to other offices may also be required.
In relation to both aspects of the role, the successful candidate will have responsibilities for forward looking and pre-emptive consideration of upcoming developments and business needs identified in relation to auditor reporting and audit methodology.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities for working on specific projects intended to result in new or enhanced guidance, training and other materials for dissemination to the audit stream.
The successful candidate will have proven audit experience as well as an ability to communicate with partners and staff at all levels.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
- Considers themselves an expert with regards to the UK auditing standards
- An awareness of the regulatory requirements in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or Ireland is useful but not essential.
- As this role will involve training and coaching peers and will involve reviews of audit files for quality control and testing purposes, experience as an audit manager is essential particularly on more complex audits.
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Ability and willingness to assertively challenge and influence more senior individuals and peers
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively to identify ways to improve audit quality
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team and able to use own initiative
- Experience of training design, development and delivery
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
• Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)