Audit Senior Manager
Join MHA MacIntyre Hudson and find out what you are capable of
Our London office is recruiting for a Senior Audit Manager to join our Financial Services Team to manage a group of portfolio managers, who each manage a wide range of investment fund audit clients, primarily domiciled in the Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands. You will work collaboratively with the portfolio managers in order to meet the needs of our clients, reporting to two or more audit partners to enhance the effectiveness and capacity of our service MHA MacIntyre Hudson services.
You will be able to work effectively in order to manage resources and the workflow across the team and demonstrate our core values with those internal and external to the firm. As a Financial Services Manager, you will be able to influence, motivate and lead the team effectively to provide a first-class service to our clients.
We are growing our FS team substantially, so we are keen to hear from part qualified auditors, newly qualified and those with significant post qualification experience. We have a variety of roles at various levels available!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm.
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Manager bonus scheme
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
- Work with portfolio managers to plan, control and review client work to ensure jobs are completed effectively and efficiently in accordance with MHA MacIntyre Hudson's audit methodology
- Ensure delivery of comprehensive audit files and financial statements for Partner review.
- Ensure portfolio managers are delivering audits in line with budget and the audit timetable
- Brief portfolio managers and audit or accounts staff on the client, its investment strategy ensuring that the most cost-effective approach to the job is clearly communicated.
- Help ensure that portfolio managers are supported, bringing a strong level of technical guidance and experience in order to deliver audits to completion and also to learn and enhance their own technical understanding.
- Provide a broad range of training drawing on experience
- Perform regular appraisals and sign off staff training records to help staff develop effectively
- Work closely with the wider team to ensure control of the day to day staff management.
Business development and Advisory:
- Identify opportunities for additional services that MHA MacIntyre Hudson can provide to clients
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- Be proactive in involving other experts i.e. Corporate Finance, Tax and other Financial Services teams where relevant
- Help deliver audit tenders and presentations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 5 years' post qualified experience in external audit
- Experience with investment funds
- Demonstrable ability to motivate, delegate effectively, and develop a team as a respected leader
- Client focus and able to think commercially
- Organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities
If this role sounds of interest to you, please make your application and one of the team will be in touch.