Join MHA MacIntyre Hudson and find out what you are capable of
We are looking for a talented Audit Executive to join our Financial Services team based in London and working closely with our Cayman Islands team, on a permanent full-time basis.
You will lead a substantial number of financial services audits, with a focus on investment funds across a range of investment strategies, (including a growing portfolio of cryptocurrency focused clients) helping to achieve a high standard of client service in an effective manner. You will work collaboratively with the wider team in order to meet the needs of our clients by delivering MHA MacIntyre Hudson services with requisite quality control.
At MacIntyre Hudson, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we are able to offer our teams in their respective roles.
The London team work closely with two dedicated Partners in the Cayman Islands to service its investment fund client portfolio. We are looking for well-motivated and forward-thinking individuals as we continue to expand the financial services team. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Complete audits in accordance with prescribed audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff and partners where required
- Produce detailed audit planning, including details of potential difficulties and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are well managed
- Review or complete audit cycles the file before passing files on to the senior member of the team for review
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to audit clients
- Produce and review sets of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts before passing to the senior member of the team
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff - give detailed help and training as required, to enhance future effectiveness
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs, including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA or ACCA, almost qualified or fully qualified
- Practice experience is an essential
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer literate: good Excel and Word experience.
- CaseWare (accounts and audit) experience would be useful.
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset but not required
- Strong communication skills: both oral and written, with an ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised: ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with staff and clients
If this role sounds of interest to you, please make your application and one of the team will be in touch.