Accounts & Audit Senior Manager
Senior Manager (Partner Designate)
£65,000 plus benefits and bonus
Isaac James Associates has partnered with an Accountancy firm in Surrey to appoint a Senior Manager (Partner Designate) to join their growing Accounts & Audit team. This is a firm who pride themselves on their role as trusted advisor to their clients, and this is an opportunity for the successful candidate to pursue a full equity partner role in due course.
You will take responsibility for a portfolio of clients, providing Accounting & Audit services including tax returns and associated returns.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to a Partner, the Accounts & Audit Senior Manager will be responsible for managing a broad portfolio of clients, maintaining regular contact, ensuring complex accounting and tax issues are resolved in a timely manner, and proactively managing issues that your clients encounter.
- Acting on behalf the practice leadership, you will ensure that the General Practice division is managed in a professional manner, in line with the ethos of the firm.
- You will take the lead on complex accounts, ensuring client files are prepared for Partner review, and effective Audit processes are followed.
- Managing the staff resources to ensure client requirements are met, whilst ensuring staff have access to training and development opportunities.
- Ensuring accurate chargeable hour records are maintained, and fee notes issued in line with Partner and Client terms.
- Working proactively with both the General Practice leadership, and the wider Senior Management Team, on business development activities.
- To be considered for this role, you will need to be a qualified accountant with experience managing a portfolio of clients in the SME & Owner Managed space.
- Experience in accounts preparation is crucial, as you will be leading complex accounting projects.
- Previous Audit experience is essential.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- You will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing demands on your time.