Risk Manager – Customer & Conduct Risk
Risk Manager – Customer & Conduct Risk
£50,000 - £65,000 + On target bonus of 16% up to 32% + Pension & Flexible Benefits
Do you always put the customer at the heart of what you do? Are you curious and ask questions? Do you challenge the status quo? Are you collaborative and break down barriers to work together with others? If the answers are yes, yes, yes and yet another unambiguous yes then read on as this could be your next exciting role within a dynamic and supportive team….
At Phoenix Group we’re passionate about helping people achieve a more secure and sustainable future. With circa 14 million policies, we make a difference to the lives of millions of people as the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. Join us now and you’ll grow with us as we continue to build on our success.
We’re currently recruiting for a Manager to join our Customer and Conduct Risk Team to provide support and guidance to the business in alignment with the Group Risk's Mission to promote informed decision making and controlled risk-taking that continues to deliver good customer outcomes and long term value for shareholders.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Conduct and Compliance function as we extend our activity across the expanded Group. We have a critical role to play in helping the business safely manage outcomes for existing customers in addition to supporting constant innovation and evolution to find new ways of supporting our customers.
We welcome discussion on how we can work flexibly to enable you to thrive in your role. Whilst we have some flexibility on location there would be a requirement to meet, engage and collaborate with stakeholders at our office hubs on a regular basis and as the work requires.
- Provide expert customer & conduct risk consultative support to the business, including in complex and high profile activities such as key business projects, new initiatives and developments to help deliver the Group’s corporate objectives.
- Review and challenge the delivery and development of a robust and high value Conduct Risk Framework and drive insightful MI and associated reporting for the Group.
- Build, develop and maintain appropriate relationships with key areas of the business at all levels including senior management.
- Manage and appropriately influence key stakeholders delivering constructive challenge and added value to the business.
- Manage and/or support the management of projects and strategic activity to be delivered by the Conduct and Compliance function as required, including the planning, organisation and oversight of the implementation of associated activities.
- Assist in the development and coaching of the wider team, including Line Management responsibilities, to support the Head of Customer & Conduct Risk with a view to ensuring that the team operates efficiently and effectively and delivers to a high standard.
What We’re Looking For
- In-depth knowledge and awareness of the Financial Services and Markets Act; the PRA and FCA’s principles, rules and guidance; FCA related ABI matters; Financial Ombudsman Service requirements and all associated guidance.
- A broad and comprehensive understanding of financial services and specifically Life and Pensions business, investment management and secured lending including an extensive and in-depth knowledge of product administration processes and outsourced service arrangements.
- Experience in a technical compliance/risk role with the ability to develop and apply a proportionate and risk-based approach in a principle based regulatory environment.
- Experience in supporting the development and roll out of policy and strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to engage and influence key stakeholders, including senior management.
- Management experience of small team.
What We Offer
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’re a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It’s our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people’s stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Online Interviews and On boarding
All our interviews, on boarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us.
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Closing Date: 2nd July 2021
More searches like this
- Compliance Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom