Forensic Investigation Officer
We are looking to recruit field-based Forensic Investigation Officers who can be based anywhere in England and Wales.
Working in this high-profile role, you will manage your own portfolio of cases and investigate financial discrepancies and inaccuracies and analyse complex financial accounts, data and other material.
You will attend law firms throughout England and Wales to determine whether there have been serious breaches of professional misconduct which includes the accounts rules.
You will gather evidence, both remotely and onsite, interview key individuals and obtain witness statements. You will compile robust, clear and factual reports that will inform our regulatory decisions. This could lead us to take disciplinary proceedings or to close a law firm. You will also represent the SRA in court, giving evidence of your investigation's findings.
You will need to understand our Standards and Regulations including how solicitors record and account for client money and an ability to analyse complex numerical and financial information.
The role is field-based and will require extensive travel throughout England and Wales including to our main office in Birmingham. A car allowance of £5,600 per annum (subject to minimum mileage criteria) and appropriate equipment will be provided to allow you to work remotely.
What is in it for you?
- Use your skills to analyse complex financial and other information, identify breaches and present information clearly to highlight serious professional misconduct
- Enjoy a varied role - one day you could be investigating money laundering whilst the next you could be interviewing a victim of cyber fraud
- Be at the front-line in protecting the public interest, where no two days are the same
- Enjoy the flexibility of working in the field with the comfort of being part of a small, motivated and supportive team of investigators
- Exposure to investigations that are highly sensitive in nature and may gain high levels of media interest.
Salary: £39,100 - £46,000 Outside London / £43,282 - £50,920 London depending on knowledge, skills and experience + £5600 Car allowance
What we are looking for
- Financial and/or investigation experience in accountancy or law firms or similar regulatory or investigative environments
- Experience of analysing complex information
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Flexibility, tenacity and ability to adjust priorities at short notice.
Useful and additional information
If you have any questions that aren't answered in the advert or on our website, please contact us (contact details on application page)
There is a full role profile included at the bottom of this advert.
Our staff are currently working from home and all assessments are being conducted virtually.
If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to let you know what to expect.
The closing date of this advert is 05 July 2021 at 08:00, however we may choose to close this at an earlier date. If you are interested, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Assessments and interviews for this role are likely to be the week of 12 and 21 July 2021, respectively.
Please upload a CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please address how your knowledge, skills and experience relate to the role requirements.
Previous applicants within the last 6 months need not re-apply.
More searches like this
- Forensic / Fraud Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cardiff
- Internal Auditor Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cardiff
- Regulation Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cardiff
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cardiff
- Investigations Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cardiff