Finance Analyst - Finance, Planning & Analysis
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 28th June 2021
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are building a team of outstanding people who will create and run these new and improved technology services.
This is an exciting time to join an organisation that probably doesn’t work how you’d imagine a government organisation would.
Finance, Planning & Analysis Team (FP&A)
As a Finance Analyst, you will sit in the Finance, Planning and Analysis Team (FP&A), who are part of our Chief Digital Information Office Group (CDIO). Our role is to manage, report, monitor and analyse CDIO's consolidated financial position and manage the consolidated financial and workforce planning processes, including both annual and multi-year.
Additionally, we lead on the management and assurance of the balance sheet and financial governance, which includes adherence to accounting standards and policy, government VAT rules, as well as providing procurement process and system expertise.
Your responsibilities will be:
Assisting with financial management, areas of work include:
- Supporting the month end consolidation of the CDIO financial position
- Assisting with VAT and procurement assurance activities and the implementation of process and control improvements
- Support and co-ordinate the delivery of the monthly Asset Under Construction capitalisation exercise and delivery of the annual Fixed Asset review
- Providing audit evidence in response to National Audit Office queries to agreed timelines
Additional duties may also include:
- Assisting with the annual financial planning exercise
- Supporting workforce management and planning processes
- Implementing changes to the finance system (SAP ERP) structure and master data, partnering with HMRC finance and programmes
- Advocate of continuous improvement, ensuring we are effective and efficient
- Working collaboratively with the wider CDIO and HMRC finance teams, to build positive relationships, as well as improve financial and operational knowledge
- Ensuring accuracy, robustness of information, including the use of data analysis techniques and providing effective challenge and interrogation
Our roles are exciting and challenging, where you'll face a variety of demands from key partners. You will have strong technical competence over a range of financial subject areas and be able to develop a sound understanding of the organisations’ objectives and culture.
You must demonstrate the following within your application:
- Previous substantive and relevant experience in a finance function role
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work at pace, and plan/prioritise workload effectively
- Analytical and presentation skills that enable you to present complex financial information in a way that is understandable to your audience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate across team boundaries
- The ability to work in a culture of change
Please follow through the link to the application to learn how to apply.
This Role is based in Telford 2-3 days a week.
Seniority Level Mid-Senior level
Industry Government Administration Employment Type Full-time
Job Functions Accounting/Auditing Finance
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Telford
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Telford
- Audit Assistant Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Telford
- Analytics Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Telford
- Business Intelligence Public Sector £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Telford