Senior Manager - US Accounting and Reporting Group
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms. Our 16,000 people, based in any one of our 24 UK offices, use their expertise and talents to build businesses and support growth.
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world's biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you'll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive.
The US Accounting and Reporting Group (USARG) supports KPMG UK and a number of KPMG’s EMA member firms in their mandated compliance with SEC/PCAOB standards and KPMG’s international risk management policies.
With rapid growth in the group’s volume of activity over the past few years, due to audit wins of US listed clients, IPOs and M&A activity, alongside enhanced U.S. regulatory oversight specifically in terms of audit quality.
What you’ll be doing
- Presenting technical courses, especially the baseline and annual update trainings for all US related standards and best practice content to accredited partners and managers.
- Participating in the Global international QPR process to understand current PCAOB comment trends and embed improvements/ best practices within UK firm audits.
- Coaching US ARG managers and other audit senior managers and managers of engagement teams where needed.
- Lead and manage reviews on a day to day basis of debt and equity offerings under Rule 144A of the 1933 Securities Act, including the comfort letter process, interacting with underwriters and their lawyers.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in respect of US GAAP and COSO 2013.
- Extensive knowledge the SEC, NYSE and NASDAQ rules and regulations, including independence matters, debt and equity offerings under Rule 144A of the 1933 Securities Act, and US GAAP.
- Detailed knowledge of the documentation requirements to meet PCAOB standards.
- Experience as a trusted coach and advisor to all levels within an audit firm.
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.