Cybersecurity Product Manager
Cambridge Quantum (CQ) is a world-leading independent quantum computing software company. Our focus areas include quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum cybersecurity. CQ has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders.
Our cybersecurity division is developing a number of quantum-related technologies to enhance the security of our enterprise customers. This includes the world’s only quantum random number generator (QRNG) that uses quantum computers to produce perfectly unbiased entropy.
About the role
CQC cybersecurity team has developed a range of quantum technologies that enables an industry leading source of Certifiably Quantum Entropy and has recently launched the world’s first cloud-based certifiable Quantum Random Number Generator (cQRNG). Deployment of this entropy in the cryptography space, is paving the way for new levels of information security, even in a post-quantum world. Such entropy is also currently being deployed for statistics, sampling and mathematical modelling.
The quantum cybersecurity team is looking to hire an experienced product manager to manage our cybersecurity product portfolio. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining the development road map and go-to-market activities of the entire department, using insight gained from working directly with our clients. In this role you will work cross-functionally to guide the full product life cycle, from conception to launch, by connecting the technical and business worlds. You will work closely with our talented team of engineers, cryptographers and photonics experts.
While a deeply technical background is a requirement, you must also be passionate about our customer success and ready to evangelise our technology. As our clients come first you will embed an ethos on fulfilling their needs across all of our engineering and scientific teams. You will rapidly learn about the market (if you don’t know it already) and steer the product roadmap to ensure we remain ahead of the curve.
- Maintain and enhance the product strategy and vision.
- Passionately articulate this to the wider team.
- Curate the product roadmaps, based on feedback from customers and the market, plus your insight.
- In-depth market and user analysis to understand opportunities and customer needs.
- Work closely with the development team, helping to define the backlog and taking responsibility for product quality.
- Refine the go-to-market plan. Work with the central marketing team to plan campaigns and contribute towards collateral.
- Own the insight on the competitive landscape, to ensure we remain uniquely positioned in the quantum cybersecurity space.
- Regularly speak with customers and participate in webinars, industry events, blogging, etc.
- Perform product demonstrations and deliver product training.
- Use data to drive your decisions wherever possible.
- Ship early and often.
- Strong experience in cybersecurity product management or design.
- Strong technical background, e.g. software development experience.
- Experience of using data to drive product decisions.
- Significant experience working directly with customers and end-users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or another related discipline.
- Experience launching new products to market.
- SaaS product experience.
- Familiarity with quantum computing.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, 28 day’s paid annual leave, a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Founded in 2014, CQ operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 130 professionals, CQ has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. CQ has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Please note that employment at CQ is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. CQ is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.