Cyber Security Engineer
We give you a world of potential
Are you a Cyber Security Engineer looking for a new position that gives you the ability to continue to grow and develop AND get to work in a global department?
Computershare have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our Global InfoSec team in an exciting time of growth.
Our Cyber Security teams are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our SOC-related infrastructure and technologies. Their focus is to enhance our SIEM Infrastructure, and support on wider technical information security projects. This means that our Engineers get a wide exposure to varying departments, giving them the opportunity to cross-train, upskill, and continually develop within the global department.
A role you will love
As one of our Cyber Security Engineers, you will work as part of a global team of information security professionals that deliver in-depth technical security services for our most critical applications and infrastructure, ensuring that they are highly resilient against existing and emerging cyber security threats.
You will provide technical design, implementation and maintenance of our technical security infrastructure and policies, whilst developing technical solutions and new security toolsets to mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
You will be involved in the build, implementation and tuning of SIEM event correlation rules, logic, and content to filter out security events associated with known network behaviour, known false positives and/or known errors.
You will also be working closely with our Security Monitoring team to defend the enterprise in accordance with our policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
Some other key responsibilities:
- Support the roll-out of a new global product
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Work with the Threat Intelligence and Cyber Assurance teams to monitor and research industry information sources for zero-day threats and vulnerabilities that impact Computershare.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with global and regional technology infrastructure, application, and architecture teams.
This is a great opportunity for somebody to take their current skills and expand them on a global level.
What will you bring to the role?
We are looking for you to be a logical thinker, have great attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with other technical teams and non-technical business units. We are big on sharing knowledge in this organisation, so you will be open to new ideas, and willing to share and help implement your own ideas as well.
We are looking for you to have experience as a Cyber Security Engineer, or if you are an experienced Network or Server Engineer looking to get into Information Security, this is also the type of person that we will happily consider.
Technology; Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience in deploying and maintaining SIEM solutions.
- Working knowledge of privileged password management is highly desirable
- Experience in Data Loss Prevention.
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management
- Experience configuring IDS/IPS policies
If this sounds like the role that you’ve been looking for, get your application in today!
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 12,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 25,000 clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotential
Rewards designed for you
- Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
- Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
- Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
- Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
- Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
- Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
- Compensation. £35,000-£55,000
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please contact us detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We’ve kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.
In most circumstances we are currently performing interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.