Catastrophe Modelling Consultant
Our client which is a global consulting firm is currently looking for consultants to join their expanding teams. If you are someone who comes from an insurance sector background and has experience catastrophe modelling and climate risk, this role could be your next move
They are currently looking for people with and without actuarial experience who wish to focus on catastrophe modelling. Our client will also consider actuarial candidates from other backgrounds (e.g. pensions) and those who have gained some of the above skills through a non-traditional actuarial background such as actuarial technicians (including partially qualified who have stopped taking the exams), statisticians, business analysts and project managers. You will be exposed to cutting edge actuarial modelling work in a strategic, consulting and transactional context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of actuarial modelling skills that will multiply your career opportunities.
This consulting firm has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing regulatory landscape. You can expect to be involved in a number of key services, ranging from asset liability modelling and stochastic and deterministic modelling covering the likes of Solvency II, IFRS2, model rationalisation, finance transformations, M&A, ICA and audits, using various industry modelling tools and applications. All of this is underpinned by our cutting edge actuarial modelling centre, working with FIS iWorks Prophet, Towers Watson MoSes and Algorithmics AFM to further develop and enhance our way of working.
About the role:
- Actively contribute to a wide range of actuarial modelling projects.
- Manage small teams of junior actuarial trainees as part of a larger project, including performance management and improve their modelling skills through on-the-job coaching.
- Have extensive client contact, including dealing with queries, attending meetings with support and working on client sites.
- Contribute to practice management, for example mentoring less experienced colleagues and involvement in developing the actuarial modelling centre.
- Knowledge of the life industry.
- The ability to apply your knowledge in practical and commercial situations.
- Experience of at least one of our key services listed above.
- A solid academic track record, ideally a degree in actuarial science with progress in actuarial exams, or a quantitative subject such as maths and computer science.
- Experience of building/maintaining modelling systems, for example FIS iWorks Prophet (mastering Prophet ALS will be a plus), Towers Watson MoSes, Algorithmics AFM (formerly VIPitech), or spreadsheet-based models, or a strong technical computer programming background.
IAC is committed to creating a diverse corporate governance profession and is proud to both be an equal opportunity employer and we are also proud to support our clients to be the same. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. IAC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. IAC; at the Heart of Good Governance.
Internal Audit Connections Ltd (& IAC Search Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role, you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services. We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data, please email us via our profile page by clicking on the IAC logo.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Other Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)