Finance Division Assurance Consultant
About the role
We are recruiting for an exciting, newly created role within our Financial Division. Our Assurance Consultant will add value to the division by providing senior management with assurance over key risks and controls via 1st line risk-based assurance reviews, assurance input into divisional change programmes and the development of an enhanced control framework.
This is an 18-month FTC, with a remit to develop and implement best practice, and demonstrate the outstanding value that assurance can bring to the team. There’s a real chance to turn this into something bigger and a permanent role (subject to value-add, performance and headcount). Key accountabilities will include:
- Develop and deliver a risk-based ‘first line’ assurance plan, designed to add value and to provide assurance over key risks, leading to an effective control environment within the Finance Division.
- Prepare high quality first line assurance reports to senior management that record the findings and recommendations to remedy risk and control weaknesses and meet departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide assurance input into Divisional change programmes, projects or activities.
- Develop an enhanced control framework in collaboration with Group Compliance, Group, Internal Audit and Prudential Compliance & Operational Risk, particularly in the event of a UK version of Sarbanes Oxley being introduced.
- Perform assurance activity where risk events & near misses have occurred, leading to the improvements in the control environment & non-recurrence of issues.
- Support the development of appropriate departmental controls and KCIs.
- Build relationships with colleagues in Group Compliance, Group Internal Audit and Prudential Compliance & Operational Risk.
- Track outcomes from actions highlighted by Group Compliance, Group Internal Audit and Prudential Compliance & Operational Risk reviews and external bodies.
What we’re looking for
You will be an experienced internal or external audit professional with exposure to setting up annual audit plans and audit priorities. On top of this we are looking for the following skills and experience:
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of risk-based auditing
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Experience of managing and influencing stakeholders
- MS Office - competent in Microsoft office systems – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of Sarbanes Oxley
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of financial services (FCA regulation)
Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIA) or equivalent which may include:
- Institute of Risk Management (IRMCert)
- Chartered Institute of Insurance to Advanced Diploma level
- ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants)
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
- ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
What we can offer
At NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallop Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021. When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary – Up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years. As an employee you are very important to us. We empower and inspire you to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward you for your contribution.
At NFU Mutual we look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. You recognise that your customers’ financial lives can only benefit by having a financial plan in place that reflects their circumstances both now and in the future.
Closing date: 15th August 2021
More searches like this
- Assurance Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Warwickshire
- Audit Consultant Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Warwickshire
- Internal Audit Senior Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Warwickshire
- Risk Analysis Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Warwickshire
- Risk Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Warwickshire