Group Internal Auditor
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting a Group Internal Auditor on behalf of a multi-billion-pound, manufacturing and supply business that operates across all corners of the globe.
This a fantastic opportunity for a Big 4 auditor (external or internal audit) looking for a move into industry, and specifically a global organisation. It would also be ideal if you are looking for international travel and to work with diverse, multinational teams.
You will be part of a team of 7 based across European locations, and report into a Head of Audit who will invest plenty of time into your development. The role will develop your understanding as to how the organisation operates as a whole and will provide you with excellent routes for progression into the business, for example, a member of team has recently transitioned into a Financial Controller role within another of the business’s European hubs.
Full support will also be provided if you wish to take further qualifications such as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
Re the international travel, it will be circa 50% and when back in the UK, you would be working from home. Of that 50% travel, about 70% will be European focused and the remainder across any of their other international sites (particularly the US and South America).
- Plan, execute and report on audits / reviews assigned by the Group Head of Internal Audit.
- Interpret policy and procedures and apply professional accounting, IT and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate financial, IT, operational and risk management controls.
- Develop recommendations which have been agreed with management ensuring that the recommendations are realistic and achievable and cost effective and add value to the business.
- Build positive working relationships with Head Office and Divisional management teams to ensure mutual understanding of the role of internal audit and work with them on business process and internal control improvements.
- Communicate with key external parties such as auditors and relevant agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned including ad hoc projects and special investigations as deemed appropriate by the Audit Committee.
Experience and skillset
- Audit experience in Big 4 including working with commercial focused, listed clients or experience working in-house for a commercially focused listed business (any manufacturing sector experience / knowledge would be a bonus).
- 4+ years’ experience
- ACA qualified or equivalent.
- Highly motivated with the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Able to influence and engage people at all levels across the Group.
- Credible, flexible, personable and team oriented.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
Remuneration – £48,000 - £52,000 + bonus
Interviews will be taking place remotely.