Audit Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the role
As a manager in our London Audit team you'll be responsible for a sizeable portfolio of key clients across a range of sectors including : technology, media and telecoms, professional services, real estate, not-for- profit (museums, education, arts/music institutions) and the consumer sector (retail, food & beverage). The size of clients varies greatly from owner managed businesses and LLP's through to some well-known listed high street brands, but no matter their size, you'll get to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people. You'll ensure that key matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage are properly assessed and dealt with.
- Own your own work. You will be a key point of contact to our clients; assist audit partners in establishing audit approach; review audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Be a part of a team. You’ll manage junior auditors on specific assignments to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives. You'll motivate and coach team members, providing feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will be responsible for managing a significant portfolio of clients and will always strive to build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Build your brand. You will have the opportunity to take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You will have opportunities to develop yourself and others, driving your own development with the support of your people manager.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA) with post qualified experience
- Experience of managing a medium to large portfolio of audit clients
- You'll have experience of dealing with complex technical matters
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Experience of managing audits of large companies in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Experience of IFRS and auditing listed companies would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
- Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
- Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.