Oversight Senior Manager – Pensions Centre of Excellence
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms. Our 16,000 people, based in any one of our 24 UK offices, use their expertise and talents to build businesses and support growth.
KPMG’s Pensions Centre of Excellence (PCoE) is an exciting new initiative with rapid growth and new opportunities which has been established to standardise the audits of defined benefit pension plans, driving a consistent approach and audit documentation to ensure delivery of high-quality audits. Over the next few years, the PCoE will assist selected engagements with delivering the pensions audit. These engagements will vary in size and complexity but with a focus on our largest FTSE 250 listed entities across a variety of industries to gain in-depth knowledge which will aid the development of the work deliverables as well as a seamless and efficient delivery process.
What you’ll be doing
- Understanding and challenging the risk assessment for each audit engagement, ensuring the extent of work is appropriately scoped.
- Review the completed work and ensure the audit work is delivered to a high quality in accordance with KPMG Audit Methodology.
- Reporting to audit engagement signing Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from the audit procedures performed.
- Seek the facts to provide insight and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists to prepare or review analysis.
What we’re looking for
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent.
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Hold at least seven years’ experience in audit and one year as a senior manager.
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom