Audit Senior Manager – US Accounting and Reporting Group
KPMG in the UK is part of a global network of firms. Our 16,000 people, based in any one of our 24 UK offices, use their expertise and talents to build businesses and support growth.
The US Accounting and Reporting Group (US ARG) supports KPMG UK and a number of KPMG’s EMA member firms in their mandated compliance with SEC/PCAOB standards and KPMG’s international risk management policies.
With rapid growth in the group’s volume of activity over the past few years, due to audit wins of US listed companies, IPOs and M+A activity, alongside enhanced U.S. regulatory oversight specifically in terms of audit quality, we have an urgent need for a broadly-based, confident, capable person to fill a Senior Manager vacancy in 2021.
The role of the department is currently carried out by 3 UK-based Partners, supported by Directors and seconded US Senior Managers, all of whom have the experience and the recognised authority to guide teams and tell them how best to comply with the various audit, regulatory and accounting rule frameworks in the US. USARG also supports several quality initiatives to ensure it can continue to service audit teams in meeting US audit and regulatory requirements as well as supporting the US-related audit initiatives within the UK firm.
US ARG works with the engagement leaders from KPMG’s largest issuer audits across EMA and requires a Senior Manager with significant experience (described below), the confidence, and the required authority to deliver its risk and quality roles on a day-to-day basis.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and manage reviews on a day to day basis of debt and equity offerings under Rule 144A of the 1933 Securities Act, including the comfort letter process, interacting with underwriters and their lawyers.
- Monitoring of PCAOB current audit standards and development of draft standards, identifying and the potential impact on KPMG UK’s current processes, including our audit tools and methodology compared to ISA UK.
- Manage the PCAOB liaison support role with UK audit teams during inspection, including preparation of UK audit teams and support during and after the inspection.
- Presenting technical courses, especially the baseline and annual update trainings for all US related standards and best practice content to accredited partners and managers.
What we’re looking for
- At least seven or more years conducting audits under PCAOB standards including leading the audit of a large accelerated SEC filer.
- A good understanding of the differences between PCAOB and ISA/ISA UK auditing standards, including the subtle application differences.
- At least two or more years’ experience supporting SEC filing reviews of periodic filings, registration statements, and material acquisitions for SEC clients.
- Applicant should be a qualified US Certified Public Accountant.
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a senior member of staff to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.