Audit Director – Insurance Sector - London
We are partnering with one of the UK’s leading audit and advisory firms to help hire an Insurance Sector Audit Director for their rapidly growing financial services practice.
As Audit Director you will be senior member of the audit group and accountable for your own portfolio of clients as a Responsible Individual, agreeing signing authority in conjunction with audit leadership and provide strategic direction and support to the insurance and wider financial services partners.
This will include both client and people management, and there will be a requirement to continue developing technical knowledge and skills. A part of the role with involve winning new clients through networking, marketing and business development as you progress to partnership.
- Accountable for own portfolio of clients as a Responsible Individual, agreeing signing authority in conjunction with Audit leadership.
- Responsible for overall group internal management, working with other Directors and Partners.
- Responsible for resource planning and allocation of portfolios.
- Recruitment and performance management.
- Staff training and development including recommendations for promotion.
- Financial measurements, and management, including ownership of profit and loss.
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
- Develop, execute and manage the marketing and business development strategy for own portfolio.
- Play a key role in supporting Partners in all group sales and marketing activity, including leading client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, the development of new business relationships and other marketing events as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within the firm.
- Represents the audit group on matters requiring representation in the external market.
- Participate in Key Account Management.
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent. Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Previous Senior Manager in practice focussing on the insurance sector.
- Working experience of UK GAAP and IFRS. Some knowledge of & ideally practical experience of IFRS 17.
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to insurance clients, including insurers, insurance brokers, reinsurers and international insurance groups.
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Business Development experience – able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work and significantly increase profits.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework.
- Able to demonstrate the development of an insurance industry network.
- Specific or specialist technical skills – Solvency II, CASS 5, experience of working with actuarial and IT assurance experts.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Partner Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Central)