Group Internal Auditor - Various locations around the UK - Exclusive Role
A FTSE 250 ‘end to end retailer’ (including, manufacturing & production, logistics & distribution and retail) is looking for a Group Internal Auditor. Joining the Group Audit team, you will see and learn the business and then either move into the business (into a financial controller, risk manager, operations manager position), or up within the IA team.
The Group Internal Auditor’s role is to carry out operational and financial internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Group and assist with the development of the functions risk-based audit plan. The successful candidate will work within the existing team of circa 8 people and report directly to the Senior Internal Audit Manager.
Given the scale of this business, which has operations all over the UK, you can be based in various locations across the UK (with a preference for locations in/near London; Hertfordshire; Northamptonshire; or Yorkshire and the Humber). Post COVID, this role requires travel at around 20% of the time to commutable locations in the UK and possibly internationally into mainland Europe too.
Specific duties will include:
- assisting with the Audit Plan, areas for potential future audit work;
- assisting with the development of the audit function and its practices;
- taking control of internal audit reviews from the Group Plan and carrying out and managing the performance of internal audit reviews: planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed timeframes;
- drafting audit reports: findings and recommendations, agreeing implementation actions with management and performing follow up activity on those actions;
- assisting with the development and/or implementation of a Risk Management for the Group;
- liaising with Internal Control functions of subsidiaries in the UK and internationally;
- review of subsidiary accounts;
- assisting with integration of any acquisitions and the implementation of adequate controls to fit into the group including: post-acquisition cap-ex reviews and financial due diligence;
- assisting the Director with investigations, preparation for Audit Committee meetings including reporting and presentations.
The candidate should:
- have a minimum of 4-7 years’ audit / finance experience in either practice (Big4 or Top10) or industry (or a mix of both);
- have a good understanding of internal audit and experience in this beyond practice would be an advantage;
- be able to show a good knowledge of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- have good interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to relate to Senior Management
- have a fluent level of English (and French, German, Dutch fluency would be highly advantageous)
- have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; and demonstrate a keen interest in improving both themselves and the business, with the aim of being a future leader.
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.