Senior Internal Auditor - Flexible working
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been engaged by a specialist logistics business based near Sheffield to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor. You would be joining a fairly large audit and risk function, and report into a Senior Manager within the team.
The organisation has undergone extensive transformation in recent years and is continuing to digitalise, so an internal audit and risk specialist within the business, you can expect to enjoy plenty of variety in the audits you conduct (predominantly operationally focused followed by some financial and IT auditing), provide assurance for major projects, and support key risk management activities.
The role offers scope for you to progress into an Audit & Risk Manager, or there are different routes into the business, for example, this vacancy has come from an internal move.
- Ownership of risk based audits based on business and emerging risks and proactively seeks stakeholder agreement.
- Support in the design and deliver an agile approach to audit methodology and delivery in an increasing digital environment.
- Plan, execute and report on risk based audits in line with procedures and best practice methodology and agree pragmatic solutions that balance the business benefit against the associated risk.
- Provide assurance for major projects and initiatives
- Plan and conduct risk workshops to facilitate the developments and maintenance of Risk Registers.
- Ideal candidate will be coming from a Big 4/Top 10 practice with Internal Audit/ Risk Assurance background.
- External Auditors with exposure to internal audit should also apply
- ACA/ACCA or CIA qualification is ideal, but those QBE or at finalist level are also being considered.
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics/Technology Risk is a plus, not a must have.
- Knowledge of IT control frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISO 2700x, ITIL) and / or project assurance.
- Experience working in a complex operating environment in a large business with strong risk and control awareness
- Excellent Communication skills – Dealing with Stakeholders.
- Mix of home and office based working weighted either way in line with your preferred way of working.
The business is keen to interview right away, please get in touch for more information