(Senior) Coordination Officer – Internal Control Framework (ICF)
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate – Financial Risk Department - Applications & Data Management Division – Data Management Unit*, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Coordination Officer – Internal Control Framework (ICF)**. This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-October 2021
(*) From 1st September 2021, Group Risk & Compliance Directorate (GR&C) – Group Financial Risk Department (GFIN) – Risk Data & Processes Division (RDP) – Data & Reporting Governance Unit (DRG)
The term of the contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
(**) internal benchmark: (Senior) Officer
Ensure that EIB’s risk assessment activities are smoothly executed through efficient processes and with the appropriate controls, in order to effectively mitigate the identified risks and operate within the limits of the Bank’s risk appetite.
Reporting to the Head of Unit and working in close co-operation with the other members of the Division, including the Head of Division and the other Divisions, you will cooperate closely with a network of contacts in other Directorates, primarily Financial Control. External contacts may be auditors, Audit Committee etc.
- In close liaison with FC, and with other Divisions in Risk Management (RM),
- Steer RM’s ICF activities and ensure that they are (i) properly designed and effective to mitigate the identified risks and to operate within the limits of the Bank’s appetite for risk; (ii) compliant with applicable laws and regulations; and (iii) adapted to organisational changes and new activities as reflected in procedures
- coordinate the improvement and maintenance of RM’s Internal Control Framework (ICF) and the correct mapping of changes into updates of the ICF documentation taking into consideration the changes required from operational incidents, audit points and/or data quality issues
- define action plans to address and prioritise identified control enhancements, monitor their completion, and take any corrective measure needed
- Analyse the procedural and ICF changes required for the resolution of operational risk/audit points within RM and oversee their implementation. Where required, liaise with other Directorates to define or review common processes
- Advise Division and Department Heads to ensure effective communication and knowledge-sharing within RM around operational risks and controls, including through regular awareness sessions within RM on the importance of ICF
- Drive the promotion of an “operational risk and control” awareness amongst process owners within RM, including the link to Data Quality
- Share knowledge and provide guidance to more junior colleagues in the context of specific tasks
- Represent the Directorate in various relevant internal and external fora, and ensure that RM’s views are known and taken into account
- University degree, ideally in relevant subject
- Extensive relevant professional experience, of which at least 5 years comparable to the role, in areas such as internal control frameworks, internal processes, operational risk and internal audit, with experience in/exposure to risk management-specific topics, and preferably gained in a major financial institution or consultancy.
- Good understanding of financial products (equity, loans, guarantees) and banking regulations
- Excellent knowledge of standard office tools
- Proficient report writing skills (English) and good oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability.
We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 19th September 2021
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Europe
- Internal Controls Fund Management €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Europe
- Corporate Governance & GRC Fund Management €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Fund Management €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Europe
- Analytics Fund Management €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Europe