Internal Audit Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
If you want to be part of a growing team that is embracing digital technologies to create exciting opportunities and enhance client relationships, a team that truly puts culture and people at the heart of what we do and will spend the coming years challenging and knocking down barriers, then please read on.
In this exciting role, you will manage multiple assignments of high complexity and variety in line with BDO’s approach – although as a firm with culture at its core we expect you will challenge the norm and help us redefine our approach and seek continuous improvement. You will work closely with Directors and Partners, build amazing client relationships, assist with strategy and drive marketing and business development.
Whilst you will set and drive priorities, we anticipate key responsibilities will include management of a portfolio of clients across different sectors and business development across the North of England and nationally where applicable. In addition, we are looking for someone who can:
- Deliver risk management, corporate governance and internal audit assignments.
- With the leadership team, develop an audit strategy and risk assessment that will enable profit and the delivery of a value proposition.
- Identifies and manages risks on client engagements.
- Lead work, drive quality and make a difference through differential recommendations.
- Be a people leader, help our ambitious team develop their career.
- Take responsibility for commercial elements of client management.
- Attend Audit Committee meetings as appropriate.
- Prioritise work so that resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Manage stream activities and client relationships on a day-to-day basis; ensuring excellent client service is delivered at all times.
- Manage individuals to ensure that work is completed on time and to the highest quality.
- Exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to audit practices, processes and client service.
- Research competitor offerings and remain up to date with latest thinking in areas of expertise.
- Identify opportunities and act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Help to further build and manage our amazing team.
- Inquisitive mind, willingness to challenge and innovate every day.
- ACA, ACCA, MIIA or CCAB qualified and relevant experience of risk management, internal audit and systems/controls testing.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses.
- SOx experience (US/UK/Other)
- IT assurance experience
- Experience of working with Not-for-Profit organisations
- Third party attestation services experience (for example ISAE3402 etc.)
- Project management experience
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable - flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel if required.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom