Due to a planned period of growth the Northern Ireland Audit Office (NIAO) has permanent opportunities for Auditor roles working between 30 and 37 hours per week. The Auditor role offers a salary of £36,554 to £39,549 (pro rata) and a range of attractive benefits including generous annual leave entitlement, generous pension package, flexible working, free car parking and an on-site gym.
At present the post will be working from home. It is anticipated a hybrid working pattern consisting of working from home, at client sites and at headquarters in Belfast may be developed in future.
The postholder will report to an Audit Manager who will assign a portfolio of work. This work may cover financial audits and public reporting. The role will include organising your work, preparing and delivering audit plans, audit fieldwork, research and analysis, drafting reports and building and maintaining relationships.
Applicants must meet the following essential criteria:
1. At the closing date for applications you must
Have current full membership of one of the institutes listed below.
Have met experience requirements, applied for and be awaiting confirmation of full membership from one of the institutes listed below.
Have passed final exams and be on track to meet the experience requirements for one of the institutes listed below by 31 October 2021.
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
2. You must demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience, gained since 2015, in the preparation or audit of financial statements or the production of published reports.
3. You must possess a full UK driving licence (or equivalent) and have access to a car or have access to a form of transport that will enable you to meet the mobility needs of the post.
4. You must demonstrate the ability to analyse complex problems and recommend practical solutions.
5. You must demonstrate strong motivation with a proven ability to work as part of a team and to use your initiative.
More information on the role and key responsibilities can be found in the Job Description available via the 'apply' button.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 23:00 on Sunday 26 September 2021.