Working in partnership with the business, our internal audit team provides an agile, collaborative and insightful internal audit service to help Capita achieve its goal of delivering better outcomes. Joining us as audit manager, you’ll contribute to the strategic planning of our internal audit plan, ensuring it drives insight and value, before planning and delivering it. You’ll support your team and help them develop both their technical and soft skills by providing real time feedback and coaching. By working in collaboration with the teams you are auditing, you’ll be flexible to business needs, providing the insight needed to make sure each business is working to the best of its capabilities, as well as identifying where it can improve. It’s an exciting time to make a real difference to a growing internal audit team and proactively support Capita’s ambitious strategy for the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Presenting the progress and findings of internal audit work as well as provide broader insight into the business
- Developing strong relationships with our management team and the teams you’re working with
- Acting as a line manager and supporting your team’s career planning
- Assessing the performance of our work by performing quality reviews of audits and identifying technical audit training
- Escalating any risks and issues within the business
- Contributing to change initiatives within the audit team.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across Capita
- Recognised professional audit/accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIIA)
- Experience leading audit teams across a broad portfolio of audit work
- Credible and confident leadership, someone who can manage change effectively
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to support the development of a strong and highly capable internal audit team.
About Capita Finance
Our Finance Function is one of Capita’s central corporate functions, supporting the financial needs of the business. Our teams are creating smarter, faster financial processes across a complex organisation to ensure consistency with training, technology and knowledge sharing. We’re providing clear insight to teams across the business and empowering them to make effective, meaningful decisions. Join us and discover better as you build a stronger financial future for Capita.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Discretionary annual bonus and car allowance/company car
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Location is flexible/based from home.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.