Audit Quality Monitoring Manager (Happy to talk flexible working or reduced hours)
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Our Quality Monitoring Team provide vital role in ensuring quality of our audit and assurance practice. This role will involve applying technical knowledge, while developing strong relationships quickly, where you can deliver challenging messages in a positive and confident way. Here is more detail on what you can expect from the role :
- Making quality second nature. Strong knowledge of the Accounting standards, Auditing standards, Ethical standards, firm’s audit approach and software tools, you will apply this to audit monitoring activity. You’ll need to be able to articulate complex accounting, financial reporting and ethical concepts simply so that others can understand your views.
- Own your own work. You will be reviewing audits post completion to assess audit quality. You will highlight any audit quality concerns and consult with colleagues when necessary on these matters.
- Be a part of a team. Contribute to the smooth running of the team, by suggesting and implementing any process improvements. You will seek regular feedback identify learning and development needs in order to develop your technical and personal skills.
- Take responsibility. Keep up to date with the current professional debates surrounding this topic area, and you will also liaise with sector embedded technical experts where relevant.
- Build your brand. Act as an 'ambassador' of the firm by demonstrating knowledge of Grant Thornton products and services as well as working in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA (or CIPFA)
- Past experience of managing a portfolio of audit clients across a range of industries
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Experience of IFRS and auditing listed companies
- Excellent insight and analytical skills so that you can evaluate a significant amount of information, understand the bigger picture and identify what is important to ensure that high audit quality
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Highly motivated and passionate about audit quality with a desire to seek new ways to drive improvement
- A willingness to work flexibly both as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
- Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to quickly establish credibility, and influence at senior levels within the firm
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom