Are you an Internal Audit professional seeking to broaden your experience? Are you looking for an adventure? How about living within a thriving community, set in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and join our small friendly team in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with internal self-government (except in two areas – foreign affairs and defence). As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, the FIG offers many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Their responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service.
The Role – Internal Auditor
The Internal Auditor is expected to support the Chief Internal Auditor in the delivery of the audit plan by performing risk-based audits across the government’s services and providing assurance to key stakeholders. There will also be a need to conduct ad-hoc reviews and investigations as required. You will work in a team of three in total and there will be opportunity to gain experience in a broad range of audit work.
We are seeking:
- Internal audit experience.
- A recognised internal audit or accounting qualification (IACert, CIA or AAT) or be a part–qualified Accountant
- Good, confident interpersonal skills.
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams! The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore. For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.
- Salary £35,000 per annum.
- 2-4 years fixed term contract in the first instance.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependants at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to apply
Please apply with copy of your CV in the first instance and we will be in touch regarding next steps.
For further information regarding the position please contact Peter O’Sullivan at Hays Senior Finance.
Applications close 27th September 2021 at midnight GMT.