Chief Internal Auditor
Are you an Internal Audit professional with a strong public sector audit background or leadership experience? Are you looking for a new challenge that offers a once in a lifetime experience? How about living within a thriving community, set in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and lead our small friendly team of audit professionals in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government. As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, the FIG offers many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Their responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service.
The Chief Internal Auditor is responsible for the Falkland Island Government’s (FIG) Internal Audit team and will champion best practice in governance, giving an objective and evidence-based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control. Whilst reporting to the Financial Secretary on an administrative basis, the Chief Internal Auditor operates in a fully independent manner. You will manage a team of two including an Internal Auditor and a Trainee. The audit function is in a good place with progress having been achieved over the past number of years however there are always improvements to be made. This is a unique role due to the nature of the organisation - Audit coverage includes the complex and diverse range of services provided by FIG. The role also offers the challenge of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and their varying styles – making this an engaging and rewarding role. This role is being offered on a 2 – 4 year fixed term contract.
- CMIIA or QIAL qualified internal auditor or CCAB qualified accountant (with internal audit experience)
- Staff management experience
- Operational experience in internal audit field – public sector desirable
- Knowledge of IPPF / Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance, Risk and Control in the Public Sector
- IT audit experience
- A strong communicator who can navigate the various stakeholders involved
LIFESTYLE & BENEFITS:
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams! The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore. For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.
- Salary, £47,000 per annum
- Favourable income tax rates.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs. Assistance with work permits provided.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to apply
Please apply with copy of your CV in the first instance and we will be in touch regarding next steps.
For further information regarding the position please contact Peter O’Sullivan at Hays Senior Finance.
Applications close 27th September 2021 at midnight GMT.
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom