Senior Internal Auditor
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor will play a supporting role in helping the GIA Department deliver its core objectives.
Key responsibilities include working alongside lead auditors on individual audit engagements from planning to reporting, specifically identifying key risks facing the Bank and performing sufficient and appropriate test-work on governance, risk management and internal controls and identify reportable issues.
The scope of GIA is unrestricted so this role would provide experience in all areas of the Bank including lending business divisions, funding and treasury divisions, central risk management, compliance and finance processes.
The Senior Internal Auditor will also play an important role in helping to prepare key reporting to GIA’s wide stakeholder group.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Reading or Manchester office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Support lead auditors on individual audit engagements ensuring work is carried out in line with GIA methodology. Specific responsibilities will be to determine compliance with policies and procedures, conduct audit testing of specified areas and identify reportable issues.
- Support lead auditors to ensure GIA reports are impactful, balanced and address the root cause of issues. Ensure recommendations are clear and concise address the ongoing sustainability of the control environment.
- Execution and delivery of audits in line with audit methodology and IIA standards and budget.
- Support the Audit function in preparing and issuing key external GIA reporting.
- Develop and maintain credibility by developing working relationships with key business stakeholders from team leader to manager level.
- Support lead auditors to ensure GIA recommendations are followed up to closure and drive timely issue resolution and sustainability of implemented controls.
- Stay abreast of Internal Audit best practice, including areas of regulatory focus.
- Under the direction of Divisional Head of Internal Audit and the Senior Audit Manager, assist in risk advisory projects.
- Act in a professional manner, maintaining a no-surprises partnership culture, and maintaining objective independence.
- Undertake “ad hoc” requests under the direction of the GIA leadership team.
- Develop and maintain understanding of the Aldermore business.
What do we expect of you?
- Chartered accountant / chartered internal auditor (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, IIA) – part-qualified or qualified
- Experience of external or internal auditing.
- Experience of auditing in Financial Services/Banking , preferably with experience in any of the following : retail/commercial mortgage lending, asset/invoice financing, car financing, treasury, credit risk management, change programmes, or IRB
- Must have in depth knowledge of audit methodologies including data analytics capability
- Good working knowledge of UK regulation and key areas of regulatory focus from PRA and FCA.
- Self- motivated and proactive in approach, able to act independently and on own initiative.
- Excellent analytical, influencing, presentation and relationship building skills.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, “backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams”, we thrive upon saying “yes” to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Please note that you must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom to be eligible for this post.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Fund Management £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom