Senior Internal Auditor (IT Assurance bias)
Senior Internal Auditor (IT Assurance bias)
York based with 2-3 days working from home
Competitive salary; 10% pension, 25 days A/L, Priv Med, Bonus.
As a part of a small but dynamic team, you will conduct internal audits across the Hiscox Group in line with the Audit Plan. These audits will be primarily aligned to Hiscox’s UK (our Retail business) Business Unit, as well as occasionally other Business Units and Group functions. This will be through working with other members of the team, alone on some reviews.
You'll be responsible for all aspects of the successful delivery of audits, including:
- ensuring the successful and timely completion of reviews, from initial scoping and planning through to reporting and follow up of actions and recommendations. You will take on the lead role on several audits, responsible for their end to end delivery, as well as supporting other team members with their audits;
- effective stakeholder and relationship management at all levels;
- making effective and pragmatic recommendations to address issues and to add value to the business;
- working with and supporting other team members;
- contributing to Internal Audit’s planning and strategy, and to its continued development. ; and
- helping to build and maintain Internal Audit’s presence and reputation across the Group.
Outside the Audit Plan, you may be asked to conduct specific reviews or to take on special projects. You will also be expected to take on additional responsibilities to support the Head of Group Internal Audit and other team members as required.
The primary reporting line will be to an Audit Manager based in London.
Why might this be for me?
In addition to a competitive remuneration package including a profit and performance based bonus and comprehensive benefits, the role will provide unparalleled insight into and access across the Hiscox Group (FTSE250). For the right candidate, this will present opportunities to move in to more senior roles within Internal Audit, or within Hiscox more broadly. We love to promote talent and opportunites that may arise could be from an area you may not have previously considered.
The Group Internal Audit team provides independent and objective assurance and advice to the Group Audit Committee, and to the Boards of Directors of the companies within the Group, over the processes and systems of control and risk management operating in the Group. Its scope covers all aspects of the Group and its activities. It also liaises closely with other monitoring functions across the Group, including Group Compliance and Group Risk. Its Audit Plans are developed using a risk-based approach.
Our Person specification
- Must be degree qualified with a professional accountancy, audit, or CISA qualification;
- Previous internal audit experience (while internal audit experience is highly preferential, we will consider exceptional candidates from an external audit background) which must be gained within insurance, FS or Management Consultancy
- A strong background in IT assurance
- A dynamic, assertive and self-confident individual who can deliver without the need for high levels of supervision
- The ability to plan and organise an end to end audit with minimal day to day supervision, audit with the inherent flexibility to adapt the process as required
- Independent worker, resilient and self-reliant. Must also be confident delivering difficult messages to senior stakeholders and be comfortable drafting written reports (which will be shared at Group Committee and Board level)
- Innovative problem solving skills and the courage to apply them
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good commercial awareness
Diversity and Working Patterns
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we’re committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We have also learned over the past 15 months that working life doesn’t always have to be in the office, and when it’s safe to do so, we will be introducing hybrid ways of working to encourage a healthy work life balance.
We anticipate the successful candidate for this role will be in the office up to 3 days a week.
We see it as the best of both worlds: structure and sociability on one hand, and independence and flexibility on the other.