Head of Quality Assurance
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is the UK’s tax, payments and customs authority and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
Digital Support and Innovation (DSI) sits within HMRC’s wider Fraud Investigation Service (FIS) responsible for the department’s civil and criminal investigation work. FIS ensures that HMRC has an effective approach to taking on the most serious tax evasion and fraud.
Working across Law Enforcement and government, DSI provides investigative tools and covert techniques to front-line investigations and works with key partners to develop and provide access to new technology and systems to enable investigators to respond to serious and complex tax evasion and crime.
The Cyber & Digital Forensics team (C&DF) provide a critical service to HMRC investigations, covering Digital Forensics, AV Forensics and Crime Scene Investigations (CSI). We aim to provide the highest standards of service to our customers and aspire to be a truly world beating forensic service provider.
To help deliver this vison we are seeking a talented, driven professional to join our Senior Leadership Team and take responsibility for ensuring effective quality management is in place across the capability, covering the entire scope of forensic activities. From within our state-of-the-art digital forensic laboratories in London and Nottingham, remote forensic ‘hubs’ and Kiosks and ‘on-site’ forensic activity performed during challenging law enforcement operations, both Digital Forensics and CSI work.
Reporting to the G6 Head of Forensics, your role will see you act as the ambassador for quality within Cyber & Digital Forensics.
You will lead, inspire and motivate a dedicated quality management team whose objective is to design, implement and maintain robust and effective quality management systems to ensure that all forensic work is not only compliant with the requirements of the UK Forensic Science Regulator but meets and exceeds the expectations of our customers.
In order to achieve this, the duties of the successful candidate will include but not be limited to:
- Leading the Quality Management team across our two main laboratory sites at London (Stratford) and Nottingham. Frequent travel between these sites and other HMRC offices nationally will be required;
- Establishing and promoting key objectives for the department. Empowering your team to deliver on these objectives whilst being cognisant of risk and budget;
- Ensuring that Quality Management issues are represented and considered at Senior Leadership Team level and fully considered at all stages of strategic decision making. Robustly challenging existing process to ensure the best possible service;
- Staying up-to-date and socialised in the Forensic Quality Management field. Maintaining good networks across all UK Law Enforcement and other forensic providers whilst representing HMRC at national and international forums;
- Take overall responsibility for HMRC’s legal obligations under the Forensic Science Regulator Act 2021 and specifically compliance to ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO/IEC 17020:2012, and Forensic Science Regulator (FSR) Codes of Practice;
- Being the main point of contact with UKAS whilst supporting your team to facilitate UKAS Assessment visits while maintaining and expanding HMRC’s scope of accreditation;
In addition, you will adopt a continuous improvement approach, ensuring the service remains consistent, fit for purpose, and meets the demands of both internal and external requirements. Maintaining an awareness of existing legislation and responding to any updates, changes, and/or introductions of new regulatory requirements will be essential.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the successful accreditation of a Forensic Service against current FSR requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders whilst inspiring and directing junior colleagues.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of relevant quality standards and their application, especially ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO/IEC 17020:2012, and FSR Codes of Practice and Conduct;
- Experience of working within a digital and/or traditional forensics environment;
- Experience in conducting internal audit/governance of policies and procedures against legislation or similar requirement(s);
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially O365/cloud-based services and tools;
- Experience of leading a diverse team remotely over a national spread or demonstrable aptitude to do so.
- This role requires National Security Vetting at Security Check (SC) clearance level and you must hold SC vetting or be willing to apply for SC vetting. If you do not hold SC but are willing to go through the process, any job offer would be conditional and may be withdrawn should you fail to achieve the vetting.
- Confident with technology; ability to quickly adapt to new/bespoke systems and solutions;
- To have the ability to work well under pressure and in stressful situations, as an individual or part of a small specialised team, and to organise and prioritise the workload to meet given deadlines and objectives;
- Experience of negotiating and influencing discussions, decisions and change with internal and external partners and agencies. With the ability to plan, organise and prioritise resources effectively in order to deliver a quality service.
- Project Management experience or significant experience in managing change programs in a busy environment
More searches like this
- Compliance Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Forensic / Fraud Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Head of Department Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom