Senior Internal Auditor
Fox Global Partners is currently working with an Australian based ASX Listed company to recruit for a Senior Internal Auditor to be based in their Brisbane office. Our client is a global manufacturing giant and have an instantly recognisable brand. Their Internal Audit function is well established and highly regarded within their business - they have a had a lot of success or relocating internal auditors within the wider business as they progress their careers.
The senior internal auditor will report into the Head of Internal Audit and will focus on conducting audits across their main manufacturing and distribution centres across the wider APAC region. Based in Brisbane, you will work with an international team of internal and IT Auditors. Although they are a global company, international travel would initially be limited, but would likely increase to around 20% in over the next year.
The key part of the role is to execute internal audit assignments as part of the annual audit plan to evaluate the effectiveness of controls within the business.
The main duties within the role would include -
- Drive controls and risk awareness across organisation in order to improve risk and control culture of the organisation.
- Engage in risk-based audits in complex processes and environments
- You will regularly provide recommendations to Senior leadership team on control and efficiency improvements, as well as follow up on recommendations
- Support the Senior Management in the preparation of Audit Committee and board reports
- Present audit findings to senior management to discuss deficiencies and to recommend corrective action
- Ensure that all agreed upon action plans are subsequently implemented
Your Skills and Experience
This role is ideal for a first mover from accountancy practice or for an internal auditor looking to make a step up into a global organisation. The role will report into the international Head of Internal Audit who is based in Australia, and although you will be part of a team, you must be able to work autonomously and independently from time to time.
The role will involve meeting key stakeholders in the business so you must be a good communicator, not be afraid to ask probing questions and have the ability to quickly build rapport with local management. You must have a strong academic background and be a qualified accountant – (CA, CPA, ACCA)
If you are keen to hear more, please send your latest CV via the form below or call Hayley Trainer at Fox Global Partners on +61 8 6186 4190
Apply for Senior Internal Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly