External Audit Senior Associates
External Audit Senior Associates
- Rapid career progression
- Global advisory brand
- Relocate to an Australian location of your choice
Whether you’re based in Australia, or looking to relocate as Australia’s borders reopen, our flexible environment and strong leadership culture encourages our people to work effectively to enable personal growth and professional development as a Senior Accountant.
About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
We have delivered outstanding and responsive support to our clients and people during this unprecedented time and are proud of how we have been able to adapt and work effectively. We work hard to ensure our people are connected and heard.
About the role
At Grant Thornton Australia, our audit process is more than a compliance measure. At the heart of our approach is the belief that our robust, independent audits deliver actionable insights and add substantial value for our clients. We work with ASX-listed companies, privately owned businesses and Not for Profits and take the time to understand the organisation, including its profit drivers and key risks.
Due to growth in clients and internal promotions we are looking for Senior Accountants across Australia, including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Cairns. Please talk to us about your preferred location.
In this role, you will use Grant Thornton’s proprietary global audit methodology - the latest technology to drive an efficient and effective audit process which will enable you to gain a wide range of assurance exposure including:
- Independent statutory audit of the financial reports of a wide variety of entities including public listed and unlisted companies, proprietary companies, incorporated associations and other not-for-profit entities and government bodies
- Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers
- Identifying and reporting on client financial risks
- Using your analytical skills to analyse clients’ financial statements and ensure they adhere to statutory requirements
- Research of difficult technical issues and application of issues to clients’ circumstances
- Liaison with our Tax Consulting division regarding more audit related tax issues
- Communication with clients through various platforms
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table. Your passion for understanding your clients’ businesses will see you go beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in Audit & Assurance
- CA/CPA Qualification or other relevant overseas qualification
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of IFRS
Culture and Benefits
At Grant Thornton we operate in a flexible and agile environment, where our people are empowered to make decisions on how to work effectively to respond to our client’s needs. Our clients and our people are our focus and we work hard to ensure our people have the necessary tools , opportunities for growth and technical knowledge to truly make a difference.
Some of the benefits include:
- An industry competitive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements, including part time opportunities
- Regular social events
- Free gym membership
- Flights and Relocation support
As part of our ongoing commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our people, Grant Thornton has a policy in place requiring all team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have a valid exemption, in order to work onsite in our workplaces and client premises.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply button for the location of your choice, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services AU$100,000 - AU$119,999 jobs in Australia
- Audit Consultant Professional Services AU$100,000 - AU$119,999 jobs in Australia
- External Auditor Professional Services AU$100,000 - AU$119,999 jobs in Australia
- External Audit Senior Professional Services AU$100,000 - AU$119,999 jobs in Australia