Internal Audit Assistant Manager - 12mth FTC
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
As an Internal Audit Assistant Manager in Digital & Risk Advisory Services (DRAS) you will be responsible for managing a limited portfolio of clients, playing a key role in our team to ensure the delivery of our services to clients. You will lead some audits and specialist projects, supervise more junior staff, and will gain broad experience of delivering audits and related projects across our commercial and not for profit client base.
It is expected that you will spend approximately 50% of your time on management activities (eg managing a portfolio or project management) and 50% leading audits and undertaking specialist projects variable to your experience.
- Manage a limited portfolio of clients, inputting into the overall audit strategy and plan, scoping audits, developing terms of reference, briefing staff, supervising audit delivery and conducting first reviews of the work conducted by the audit team. Relevant partner, directors and managers to be kept updated on a regular basis as to progress.
- Completion of first quality review of working papers. All issues and outstanding points cleared ready for Manager/Director review.
- Completion of billing analysis, billing schedules and raising invoices for the clients in the portfolio.
- Getting involved in the delivery of consultancy work and projects, taking a lead role where required on on-site work.
- Conduct more complex audits from planning to final reporting, using experience and judgement to apply BDO’s internal audit methodology, seeking guidance from more senior members of the team as and when required.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/procedures and accurately interpret results, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional standards.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks which affect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Prioritise workload, and work with other team members to ensure the most effective use of staff resources within the team.
- Be proactive in making business decisions, for example, providing solutions for any client challenges.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple tasks.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of Continuing Professional Development in line with BDO and professional body requirements.
- Supervise, coach, support and develop junior members of the internal audit team and always share expertise within the team. To take on junior members of staff in a counselling manager role if required, setting smart and realistic objectives providing ongoing support.
- Contribute to the growth and development of Risk & Advisory Services through participating in marketing, networking and business development activities, guided by more senior members of the team.
- Be a team player – collaborating with colleagues to assist with continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Relevant professional experience covering variety of the following:
- Internal audit
- Third Party Controls assurance (eg ISAE 3402/SOX)
- Contract and commercial risk
- Governance and enterprise risk management
- Specialist areas such as ESG, privacy or project management advisory
- CCAB qualified, CMIIA (CIA + 3 QIAL case studies); other relevant qualifications
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience in using flow charting software
- Experience with data analytics software, however additional training will be provided
- Full driving licence and personal car, preferable (flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments)
- Fluency in one or more languages in addition to English is desirable
- Experience in Anti-bribery and Anti-corruption legislation and auditing
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them ?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom