Head of Conduct Regulation (Assurance)
Competitive Salary + Car Allowance, Annual Bonus (up to 33%) & Benefits
Flexible Homeworking Options Available
About the role:
We are recruiting for an exceptional Senior Manager to join our Compliance department to lead Conduct Regulation (Assurance) within NFU Mutual.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance you will be taking on a new role based from our Head Office in Stratford-Upon-Avon (with up to 50% home working).
You will line manage 3 Team Leaders (with a team beneath them of circa 10 Auditors) and help set our conduct regulation and financial crime assurance strategy whilst overseeing our compliance with FCA standards.
This is a great opportunity for an engaging and ambitious individual with previous management experience looking for future career development and exposure to senior levels within our business.
Duties will include:
- Setting and developing our FCA Conduct Regulation assurance strategy.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop direct reports.
- Provide guidance on defined areas of the FCA Handbook to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the FCA and co-ordinate the supervision schedule.
- Create conduct regulation departmental assurance plans and lead departmental activity to ensure that required assurance activities are undertaken, positive customer outcomes are achieved, and business action plans have addressed any identified issues.
- Liaise with Senior Management and governance committees to discuss conduct regulation issues and ensure implementation of action plans designed to maintain compliance.
- Develop and manage relationships with external bodies, networking groups and internal stakeholders.
- Produce and deliver reports and key MI to Board and Executive Committees.
What we're looking for:
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant Senior Management experience in a regulatory related role within the financial services/insurance sector.
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant regulatory regimes including the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Expertise with Conduct Regulation Assurance.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent leadership and line management ability (inspiring high performance, performance management, coaching, etc...)
- Confidence and ability to present to and influence senior stakeholders.
- Professional qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) or Institute of Internal Auditors)
What we can offer:
At NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021. When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary – Competitive
- Annual bonus (up to 33%)
- Car allowance of £7,000
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Private medical insurance family cover
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Life Assurance cover
- Discounts on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies
NFU Mutual are happy to offer its employees informal homeworking. Our team is located in Stratford-upon-Avon and it would be expected that on average, 50% of your working time would be located from this office, with the remaining days home based should you wish. Due to COVID-19, our employees continue to work from home and a return to the office is being planned for later in the year.
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years.
Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now, and in the future.
Closing date: 29th November 2021.